Who gets to vote in November?
COVID-19 has changed just about every aspect of our lives, including how we will exercise our democratic right to vote.
Please send a letter directly to Governor Newsom asking him to ensure all Californians have an equal chance to vote this November.
We must act now to ensure that California makes the November elections safe and simple for all voters, not just a select few.
San Diego had a strong voter turnout in November of 2016 and 2018 and we need to keep it up! We have to act now to ensure that all voters – especially historically disenfranchised voters – can vote while taking proper health and safety precautions.
EHC encourages State Officials to ensure safe and simple elections by:
- Mailing every voter a ballot before the November election
- Establishing in-person early voting up to 2 weeks prior to Election Day
- Conducting a massive public education and outreach campaign in partnership with community-based organizations
- Providing adequate paid and volunteer staffing at in-person voting locations to ensure safety
- Paying “hazard” wages to those workers who agree to work at in-person voting locations
Justice for our communities begins with your voice.
Please tell Governor Newsom to make the November elections safe and simple for all Californians.