There is A LOT at stake during this recall election, and every vote is going to count. Recent polls have found that 47.6% of Californians would vote to remove (VOTE YES) Governor Newsom from office, and 48.8% would vote to keep him (VOTE NO). The difference is scarily small. Who can we look forward to if Newsom is recalled?
Who would replace Newsom?
Recent polls show that conservative talk show host Larry Elder leads the polls by double digits ahead of his competitors.
What do you need to know about Larry Elder?
- He called the climate crisis a “crock” and a “myth.” Though he recently conceded that climate change is real, he’s “not sure” it is responsible for California’s devastating wildfires.
- He would get rid of the California Environmental Quality Act – the law that requires developers to disclose if their project would hurt the surrounding neighborhood.
- He called climate crisis activists “environmental extremists”
- He said, "The ideal minimum wage is $0.00."
- He said, “Black Lives Matter is built on a lie.”
- He wrote, “women know less than men about political issues, economics, and current events.”
Do we need to know more?
That is why Senator Bernie Sanders, Dolores Huerta, California Teachers Association, and the ACLU are joining us in calling on you to VOTE NO on the Republican recall.
Help protect our communities from conservatives like Larry. Our health, environment, and livelihood depend on it. We can make a difference if we show up to vote.