Tell MTS to Prioritize Environmental Justice
Environmental Justice (EJ) communities are MTS’s number one customers, but the transit service does not serve them the way it should. Seventy-percent of jobs are unreachable within 90 minutes by public transit.
Please take action today and tell MTS to prioritize environmental justice
In 2020 the MTS Board will announce the priority projects for a ballot measure that will raise $24 billion over the next 50 years. Please join us in demanding transportation equity from the MTS Board:
- Blue Line Express – Guarantee the line with the highest ridership in the region meets its demands for the next 40 years
- Electrify the Bus Fleet – Deploy zero-emission buses in EJ communities over the first two years
- Youth Opportunity Passes – Up to the age of 24
- Anti-displacement – Set aside funding for City to implement anti-displacement and affordable housing strategies
- Purple Line – Ensure SANDAG will champion the purple line
- 24-Hour Service - Connect riders to jobs during early and late work schedules
- Increase Frequency – Shorten commutes and reduce wait time for buses and trolleys.
- Taxi Drivers Preferred Partners for Mobility on Demand
Our local economy, health, and environment are at risk. MTS must meet the needs of underserved communities, reduce pollution, and connect all San Diego residents to jobs and schools.
MTS MARCH 19 HEARING POSTPONED: The MTS Board was to discuss the draft ballot language on Thursday, March 19, 2020. As part of their response to the COVID-19 pandemic, MTS postponed hearing this item. As we know more information, we will pass it on to you!